Welcome to TxDivorce.org

If your interested in learning about divorce in Texas then look no further. You will find many resources to help you understand more about the divorce process, how to file and when you should get legal help. Whether your looking to file a divorce with kids, without kids, contested or uncontested. All the information here will help you make it easier to figure out how to file a divorce yourself or point you in the right direction to a legal professional.

This site was created to clear up all the confusion on the web and its dedicated to providing a one stop shop for filing a Texas divorce. Here you will find a valuable resource of tips on getting a divorce, what to do during a divorce and after a divorce. Thanks for stoping by.

Comments 12

  1. Thank you. I read a lot info and it has really helped me. Divorce has been hard on us, but were going to be fine at the end.

    Thank you again.

    Adam M.

  2. blank
  3. blank

    How long does it take to get a divorce and what if the other person does not want to sighn papers or anything?

    1. blank Post

      It takes about 60 days. If your spouse won’t sign off you can try to get a divorce “by default” if your spouse does not file a response after receiving legal notice of the divorce proceeding. Companies like CompleteCase.com can help you get a divorce in this situation.

  4. blank
    1. blank Post
  5. blank

    Separated 10 years with 1 kid. Husband takes care of son and does not receive any assistance from mother.

    Husband seeks divorce but she will only comply if he buys her new vehicle.

    1. blank Post

      If both spouses agree to the divorce, it can be done quickly (and if uncontested, you can use divorce forms). Deals are made all the time so that the divorce will be an “uncontested divorce” or “agreed divorce”. If a divorce settlement is not in the cards, one spouse can proceed with a divorce without the consent or compliance of the other. Without compliance, the divorce may require a trial, which would be time consuming and expensive.

    2. blank Post

      Claudia, thanks for the comment. We see this kind of negotiation all of the time. I can’t say if that is a good deal or not, but having an uncontested divorce can save quite of bit of money.

  6. blank

    I am completing the Final Divorce Decree for Married with Children (Texas, Dallas County). I would like to modify the Visitation Schedule and Child Support payments. I would like to enter a custom Visitation Schedule. I would also like to enter a custom Child support where my ex will only pay 50% of our child’s expenses for things like school, car, gas, car insurance, etc. Can I add an Addendum to the Divorce Decree? Also, can you please share a reference with me on how to do this? Thank you!

    1. blank Post

      Deviations from the standard possession order (found in the decree of most divorce forms) will require require extra proof at the prove up hearing. It is not impossible, but we recommend that you consult with an attorney so that it is done correctly.

  7. blank

    I’m in the military a TX resident but I’m stationed somewhere else. My ex still lives in texas but no longer in same county (does that even matter). Is there a number or something she can fax the papers to. She continues to miss her appointments to talk to ppl at the court house ( I honestly don’t know the process).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *