Can I change my name in the divorce?

A name change request can be included in the petition for divorce and then effectuated in the decree of divorce. So, check to see if the name change paragraph was included in the divorce decree. If the decree did not include the name change paragraph, you can file a separate Petition for Name Change at anytime. You can use this link to read more about an adult name change.