Divorce Decree Forms

Questions?Category: QuestionsDivorce Decree Forms
Jeff Lohmann asked 7 months ago

My wife and I are selling our house, and plan to split the proceeeds 50/50.  In the final decree we have from Texaslawhelp.org there doesn't seem to be anywhere to note this.  Is there another form that deals with splitting real estate?  Or a different final decree form?

1 Answers
txdivorce Staff answered 6 months ago

You'll need to deal with the real estate in the decree. Most forms include a simple clause that gives the real estate to one spouse or the other. The general rule when settling a marital estate is: if the agreement is not in the decree, it is not enforceable.